Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Westfall"

As you can see, my new blog quote is from Okkervil River's "Westfall." As much as I loved that band before...

I've had to opportunity to listen to their older stuff and I've been loving the shit out of it. Westfall, in particular, is among my favorites. Anyways, that song, as well as Okkervil River itself, reflects my new blog layout. The picture above is from "Bloody" Charles Mackenzie's mausoleum. It is among my more supernatural experiences (not encounters, though) from Europe. You can read more about this all my adventures in my other blog (linked from here) as well as see every picture I took over there on my flickr page.

That's mostly all for now. I am hopefully going to see The Decemberists live in a couple weeks and I am also going on a camping trip or two in the next month or so. Then school starts up again.

I'm feeling my muse so I think I may finally, finally, finally tackle that first chapter of my camp novel and get it down, for good. I could really use that kind of writing win.

More to come, stay tuned. I am alive.