Saturday, August 22, 2009

Time and time again

In my life, I have found that, as the title of my blog states, "in the end, it'll all work out." And so it has. Money woes be gone. Stress gone. For now, anyway.

I'm doing alright in my life. Not much has changed and those things that have, have done so in subtle ways. I feel as though I am an improved human being after this past summer and I feel like a lot of people are as well. Can we just all improve as a human species? Its been a long time since I've found faith in humanity but here it is again. Love is real and will always, always find a way to get you through.

All you need is love. Maybe, maybe there are other things but love is a damn good start.

Third Eye Blind's new album "Ursa Major" has come out. I love every single track on it and I believe it is their second greatest album (the first being their self-titled, freshmen release).

This is the final verse/chorus of track 9 "Water Landing":

"Put on your life vest only if told to do so
Well I'm telling you now
Strap it across your chest
Prepare yourself for impending death
You and me are nose-diving
At the speed of whiplash, life passes by
In an endless plane crash
Muffled I love you through an oxygen mask
On my face, brace, brace
And the cabin erupts with religious conversions
God's sick joke as we lose the engines
Some people scream and some people are gracious
And the reason's the same
Cause the sky outside is so spacious
Its so spacious
So if its a water landing
Then its a water landing
And its coming inside."

This summarizes so many things. Because if its a water landing, then its a water landing. I only wish that I could have had this song playing in my head every time I flew. Oh well. Better now than not at all. Love.