Monday, May 10, 2010

No Title

Yeah, I haven't posted in how long? Less than a year, though.

You have to understand, I have little to no motivation to write here. Sure, maybe one or two people read this thing but I feel as though I am writing in a journal but online, for the world to see my ramblings.

So why update? Boredom, mostly.

Let me catch you up to speed on some things that will most likely work themselves out but who knows. I have just completed my fourth year here at Ball State and I have one more to go. In the fall, I am suppose to spend the semester student teaching but I have yet to get my assignment. I could get assigned a place here or perhaps in Noblesville or who knows where. Plus my lease is up in August and there is no way to renew it so I have no idea where I'll be living, either (perhaps out of my car).

Currently, though, I have begun my summer break looking for a job. I applied at a slew of places last week but have not heard from a one of them. I have submitted applications to two particular jobs that I have good feeling about but I don't know if they are going to work out, either.

Plus I'm close to broke.

On the less darker side of things, I have gotten my shit together in terms of writing "House on Hickory Hill." I have been totally revamping the first section and am a good ways completed with that. My second task is to finally settle down and write the second and third sections. Once that undertaking has been accomplished, I can dig into the last four sections, make sure they flow well with the first half but mostly just heavily edit them. And then I can think about submitting it somewhere. But right now, my priority is this first half.

What else, you say? What else is there to say? I'm a poor, unemployed college student, just like so many others. Big deal.

I'm also already growing bored. It's seeping into me like an apathetic poison. I just have to keep myself occupied or I will waste a lot of time.

I'm also really missing Waycross and Europe. The two best summers of my life.

Probably no one is going to read this, so really I'm just talking with myself. In that case, all I can say is good luck. And that I don't believe in luck.

But maybe, sometimes, I do.